Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Buildings, workshops, etc mod.  (Read 2545 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Buildings, workshops, etc mod.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 06:57:39 pm »

So, on a fresh Install, if I butcher your mod, I need the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
?
Not like that would happen soon, waiting for a new version of Maydays tileset.
Or if the new version is really that much faster, I might actually cease to crash on World gen ^^
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:00:19 pm by UnLimiTeD »

... How long have I been away?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 07:02:42 pm »

Yes, you're right.

New version is MUCH faster. I even plan to start a community fortress because it is much easier to do what you want without long procastinating now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

UnLimiTeD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 07:10:18 pm »

We'll see  ;)
I always generate large worlds with custom parameters and embark sites in excess of 6x6.
If that still works out, I might implement more than the buildings into my worlds.
Oh, btw, as someone is just reading this ^^; is there a mod to modify the search function to search for magma max 20 tiles underground like the old version? Search function is way useless now.

... How long have I been away?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 11:38:33 pm »

You know what just occurred to me: coins.

I'm not talking gold silver or copper (unless you turn the broken economy off). I'm talking any other kind of metal coin (Sparta: Iron)

I don't want to say vending machines, but vending machines (especially for a bioshock themed mod).

Just as training dummies allow you to take control of the broken military training interface, a merchant's exchange would allow you to insert coins and come out with goods. I know trading isn't broken but still: possibilities.

Think about it, direct payment.... Black Market, Coins to goods, goods to coins.

Questions, comments, concerns?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:18:44 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

stormsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 11:47:36 pm »

Swimming pool (trains swim), art gallery (stores 'painting' objects from a 'painter' noble to give dwarves a happy thought)..?

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 12:23:29 am »

Is it possible to make a new mason shop that lets you pick a specific stone?

Or a clothiers shop that just makes one of everything? (Or one piece of clothing that covers multiple parts?)
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 05:36:22 pm »

Deon actually has a swimming pool and it's pretty good.

Painter is a pit harder as is the happy thought, though it has been done is magic mods in previous versions.

You could actually make a reaction to just produce a "suit of clothing" which would take say.... 10 pieces of cloth and make 10 different pieces of clothing to cover each body part.... I mean of course shoes, socks, trousers, vest, shirt, gloves, cloak, hat etc. This would save you the trouble of trying to keep track of what to produce.
You could even create a male/female command with the latter including a dress and or skirts.

As for the mason shop with the specific stone, I'm sorry, probably not. The reason is that the game would make you sort through a list 10 pages long at least.
Your best bet is to create a small stone stockpile nearby the shop, because the shop uses only the stones closest to it. That way you can specify which stone goes in the stockpile. Keep in mind, the game takes Z levels into account and will use a stone 3 Z levels below the mason shop before it will use a stone 4 tiles away from the shop on the same floor.... Perhaps quantum stockpiles and reclaim/forbid?

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 07:46:51 pm »

Guys, why would you need to specify z-levels and distance now when you have burrows?

And clothing/armor size from reactions is currently bugged.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 12:05:01 pm »

Guys, why would you need to specify z-levels and distance now when you have burrows?

In case the stone he wants is not in the burrow his mason is in....

And clothing/armor size from reactions is currently bugged.

Crap. Is that like in d40 where all armor was human sized?

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]