Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inspiration's random question topic  (Read 876 times)

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inspiration's random question topic
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »

• Are goblins suddenly friendly creatures? In a dark tower, I have goblins coexisting with dwarves, and none of my human allies attack the goblin.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:31:22 pm by Inspiration »

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Inspiration's random question topic
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:52:33 am »

In Adventure mode, yeah. They basically act like any other civ; so unless you attack first they'll leave you alone. You could even land a quest from their demon king! Er, do 2010 gobbos still have demons for leaders?

I hear it's also possible to have peaceful relations with the little bastards in Fort mode, but I've never seen it myself.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:16:57 am »

Yup...they act like any other civ unless their currently at war with another race, then there's a kill on sight order (And those dwarves you saw were probably the kidnapped and brainwashed ones). And yeah, they still get forced by demons to be under it's rule.

I think I've read somewhere that you can also be on friendly and trading relations with goblins if your civ/race also have the "baby snatching" tag. But you get shunned and sieged by everyone else...which is actually pretty interesting.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:45:46 pm »

In Adventure mode, yeah. They basically act like any other civ; so unless you attack first they'll leave you alone. You could even land a quest from their demon king! Er, do 2010 gobbos still have demons for leaders?

In 2010, everyone has demons for leaders.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 11:36:02 pm »

Odd, I've arrived in a goblin fortress with an adventurer with no kills to his name and was automatically attacked by the residents. Should I presume that I genned a world where the humans and goblins were in the midst of a war?

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »

Thanks. Now, for the next question:

What's with the grey dashes in Travel mode? All I've been able to tell is that they move around. A caravan?

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:09:48 pm »

Thanks. Now, for the next question:

What's with the grey dashes in Travel mode? All I've been able to tell is that they move around. A caravan?
Creatures.
One time I ran into a gray equal sign, and it was a whole bunch of elves wandering the map for some bizarre reason. They all scattered as soon as moved though.

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 08:13:43 pm »

Ah. Thanks.