Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Remove the need for Irrigation  (Read 3763 times)

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remove the need for Irrigation
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 05:37:37 pm »

And that is exactly what I wrote. >.> "surface farming should not need irrigating to be used, soil directly under that shouldn't either. Any further and yes it should."
Unfinished is the proper term. Hardly a bug.

By that logic, nothing could ever be bugged until it was finished.  It is both an unfinished feature AND a bugged feature.  Currently, it is intended for soil to be farmable without irrigation, and that is not the case, therefore, bug.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 12:44:24 am »

It's only intended for it to be farmable without mud when there's an entire z-level of soil underneath as well. So in effect, you'd need a couple layers of soil. That part's bugged, but only that part.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 07:22:55 am »

It's only intended for it to be farmable without mud when there's an entire z-level of soil underneath as well. So in effect, you'd need a couple layers of soil. That part's bugged, but only that part.

Got a source for saying that the current intention is only to be able to farm on on a soil layer with another soil layer underneath it without irrigation?  That's the first I've heard of it.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 05:28:50 pm »

From Toady, on IRC, soon after the initial DF2010 release came out. I can't get a quote right now because I'm not at home, though.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 2 [3]