Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utility of Artifact Armour  (Read 4981 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Utility of Artifact Armour
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 03:38:15 pm »

Does it really matter?

Absolutely not! As long as you understand that it was possible to enact a recovery after a season or two just to be visited by yet another disaster later.

Loosing is fun, but surviving by the skin of your teeth just to lose a bit later is funner still.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 08:37:48 pm »

For you, maybe, but for him it could be more fun to go down in a blaze of glory. Calling people lazy is not necessary.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 11:20:21 pm »

... Calling people lazy is not necessary.

But I'll leave it at that.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

S31-Syntax

• Bay Watcher
  • Favorite Rock: Obsidian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 08:10:27 pm »

More like...

OR...

But I digress, it IS unnecessary to call people lazy. Lazy people make the world roll round... by rolling over in the morning. :P
Perhaps he had not thought he would NEED such a device and therefore had not finished the escape areas. ^.^
OR perhaps it was just a design flaw and therefore there was no escape for ANYONE.

ORRR the lack of escape was intentional...

if I'm dyin, I'm takin' YOU WITH ME!
Obsidian! the only rock that can be MADE by dwarfs!

...also it appears to have resulted in the dead crundle on top of my trade depot exploding, causing it do deconstruct.  Huh.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 08:33:50 pm »

Or perhaps there were floodgates and doors that were supposed to keep the water out, but he mixed up the levers when he built them so the flooding lever also exposed the room. And a butterfly got caught in the door. Also, how do we know he's a "he?"

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 11:11:39 pm »

Maybe this thread was about artifact armour, and how good it is when attacking trolls.

How do we know that artifact is a 3x multiplier?  I'd read a 5x multiplier before, but that number also was just stated and not explained.  I'd love to know how we know (or believe) this.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 06:27:56 am »

Here's a hint: HIS DOESN'T.

His fortress had the ability for a single survivor to pull a lever. Unless you set it up so that area gets flooded first, you should have a few seconds to get a dwarf to safety. He wouldn't pull the lever if there was a monster nearby.

I think he was just lazy and didn't want to rebuild from one dwarf, so he let the whole thing die.

Or maybe, just maybe, he actually /likes/ the idea of having a self destruct lever. I like building forts on a single underground support in 40d still.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 [2]