Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My goblins have no balls.  (Read 1173 times)

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My goblins have no balls.
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:32:01 pm »

Currently I'm being sieged and I'm trying to lure my guests into my traps, but the damndest thing is fucking everything up. 

I have one single war dog who has two mangled front legs, a blue heart, and a yellow upper spine who's chasing all the goblins away.  There's a huge host of them, about 12 - 15, all macemen, and all riding giant rat steeds, and they're running away from this one single war dog and unfortunately the war dog is doing too good of a job of keeping them away from the fort. 

What on earth?  Every other siege I've had the goblins meticulously hunt down any stray dog, cat, adult, child, or other living being that might have been outside the fort at the time, but now they're running from a dog?  What gives?  It's made worse given the sad state that war dogs are in in the first place.  Granted a battle between a war dog and a maceman would be like attacking a feather with a wet noodle, but at least they'd eventually finish him off.

Also, my game is completely un-modded
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:36:02 pm by Shiv »
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: My goblins have no balls.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 07:35:29 pm »

"Say, Song, what is that over there?"

"Looks like a dog. Something's wrong, though- OH SHIT I CAN SEE ITS FUCKING HEART RUN RUN RUN"
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 07:54:05 pm »

"Say, Song, what is that over there?"

"Looks like a dog. Something's wrong, though- OH SHIT I CAN SEE ITS FUCKING HEART RUN RUN RUN"
Funniest thing I have read in a long, long time.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:01:47 pm »

I think the giant rats they're riding on are running away from the dog, not the goblins themselves.

A similar thing happened to the horses that the elves and dwarves and humans rode in on in my 40d goblin forts. Removing [BENIGN] made the horses stand and fight with their riders.

If there's a similar tag for your giant rats, removing it might give your goblins the aggression they usually have.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:16:28 pm »

"Forward my mighty steed"
"oh look! a dog!"
"no you dolt! turn around! Damnit, I said turn around! Argh! why didn't we use reigns! Just let me off for crying out loud!"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 08:56:02 pm »

To be honest, they were kind of asking for this when they chose giant versions of a creature known for disease, adaptablity, and cowardice as their war mounts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 10:07:07 pm »

I think the giant rats they're riding on are running away from the dog, not the goblins themselves.

That makes sense.

The dog did eventually bleed to death in mid-chase and the goblins happily walked to their doom as drawbridges suddenly were raised and lowered, discs flew at them, cages and stone fell from the ceiling, and large screws rose from below to disembowel them. 

We did have one winner who made it through and was about to get rewarded with a clean beheading from a steel battle axe, but he bled to death before my dwarf could get there.  Pansy.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 10:26:58 pm »

In response to the original topic, a little bit of modding should fix the problem.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.