Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let Them Eat Cake!  (Read 1294 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let Them Eat Cake!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 03:56:09 pm »

Now its just trying to keep 30+ dwarves occupied at all times, or is that really impossible?
Build 30+ screw pumps on solid ground (i.e. they don't pump anything) and have everyone pump them. Now they're pre-occupied. Oh did you mean occupied with useful labour? Try mass producing trade goods, you'll be scrambling for more haulers. Why not smooth and engrave your entire fortress and then, the entire outdoor mountains too? Later, you can look forward to trying out mega projects or other such architectural grandeur. Once military bugs are fixed, you could set up a large military too.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let Them Eat Cake!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 05:29:24 pm »

- Smooth, then engrave, everything
- Cut all those gems
- Ever consider a glass industry?
- You need to mine more
- Military! Give them axes, and prepare the refuse stockpile for limbs and heads
- Dump useless rock into a garbage compactor to make your rooms nice looking
- Make crafts, then decorate them
- Set up a complete clothing industry

That should keep you working. I have 80+ dwarves in some places, and it's not enough!

Also, get Dwarf Therapist. I didn't know what I was missing before.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]