Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That's an interesting choice for an embarking spot you've made there. [bug?]  (Read 1183 times)

Antilope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Search didn't turn up anything about this being posted before (or i just didn't search for the right terms, whatever)

I'm just curious: Is this a bug? There's no sign of a wagon, everyone started cramped together in this one single spot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:34:20 pm by Antilope »

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It happens. Not sure if I'd call it a bug, just unlucky.

Normally I see that on top of a huge mountain or a spire with no flat spots, kind of funny you landed on a tiny one square bump on an otherwise normal plateau.

As for the wagon, you don't get one unless they land on at least a 3x3 spot. Sucks if you planned on using the 3 wood it's made of.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:51:56 pm by Scarpa »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It can also happen if you embark on a steep slope.

Sometimes changing the biome you embark on helps, sometimes not.

sinister87

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

That happened to me once cept' I was on a beach... and all my stuff washed away. :'(

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

That happened to me once cept' I was on a beach... and all my stuff washed away. :'(

Dwarven castaways! That would be awesome, except for the lack of building materials.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

This happened to me once. The funny thing is: Look around for your wagon. It may be in the area. I had the wagon show up a full screen away from my dwarves on a different ledge.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Dwarven castaways! That would be awesome, except for the lack of building materials.
You'd think "3 Hour Tours" would be a hint. :P

But c'mon, in this season, all dwarves are the professor. I mean, they've made computers out of wood and rock, they can patch a hole on a boat, or recreate a wagon.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happened to me fairly recently... built a statue on top of the rock to commemorate the founding place.

(was tricky to put it up there on a one-tile space ~ had to build ramps and floors and things, then take them down again afterwards.  was exciting)