Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding in reactions  (Read 297 times)

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding in reactions
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:10:21 pm »

A dwarf just got a mood, apparently a secretive one as he's drawing pictures of a quarry and of shells, implying he wants stone blocks and, well, shells. The problem is that I have no shells and have never seen the option to buy shells from traders, so I'm asking you guys to help me mod a reaction to make either the item turtle shell or the unprocessed turtle from which I could glean a shell. The wiki has been unhelpful because it doesn't specify the various associated item token/matgloss stuff for turtle or turtle shells, though their examples are certainly useful.
Can someone specify a reaction that I would make to produce turtle shells or unprocessed turtles? I'm cool with it being a modification of the Soap_making reaction, if that reaction would work for this situation. If it was such, then the reaction should (obviously) begin with

[REACTION:MAKE_SOAP]
   [NAME:make soap]
   [BUILDING:SOAP_MAKER:CUSTOM_S]

and end with

[SKILL:SOAP_MAKING]

Thanks.

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding in reactions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 05:24:17 am »

Well It's in my experience that reactions that just create shells or even turtles themselves just don't work.  You can however look up the wiki page for just Shell and there are instructions there on how to add shells to other creatures.  I will warn you though any creature you add a shell to, if you try and look at the bones of that creature that currently exist on your map with (k), your game will crash.  All future corpses and bodies/bones will be fine just old ones.  And you have to edit the Raw's in your current save folder for it to work.
"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back."