Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Stockpilers stop stockpiling  (Read 404 times)

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Stockpilers stop stockpiling
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:46:57 pm »

I have several stockpiles down by my magma forges.  One that holds malachite and native copper, one that holds the iron producing ores, one that holds gold/platinum etc.   They were all working fine and my haulers were keeping them as full as possible.   Then, for some reason I cannot fathom, my haulers stopped filling them.  Despite having dozens of malachite 40 steps away, my haulers will not move a single piece of it to my malachite stockpile now.  All other stone stockpiles are similiary emptying.  Food, furniture and other stockpiles are behaving correctly, it's just all my stone ones stopped working.  Even a generic 'fill with all stone' pile goes empty.

I've tried moving them, recreating them, enabling/disabling/reanabling stone hauling on my 40 idle haulers.  They just refuse to budge.

Anyone have any ideas?   I suppose I could just mark what I wanted for dumping and put them in quantum stockpiles, but that's kind of a pain and I'd rather figure out why my dwarves stopped doing this to avoid it in the future.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Stockpilers stop stockpiling
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:55:02 pm »

I'm not sure, but I may have had similar stockpile problems that were solved by removing all my stockpiles, and then recreating them.

(If you remove all your stockpiles, the next one you create will have the number 1.  If you think you've deleted all of them, and the next pile you create is (e.g.) #145, there was still an undeleted stockpile somewhere).
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Stockpilers stop stockpiling
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion.  It didn't work but it did give me an excuse to consolodate my many stockpiles which was worth it.  :-)

I believe I figured it out.  I think somehow I turned on o-g and set it to 'Dwarves ignore minerals'  instead of 'Dwarves gather minerals'.     Yeah, I'm an idiot.

My furnace operators are going to be so happy they don't have to walk 500 steps just to pick up a piece of hematite now.