Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List of a dwarf's owned objects?  (Read 1169 times)

Jumpp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
List of a dwarf's owned objects?
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:32:55 pm »

Is there a way to see a complete list of the objects a given dwarf owns?  I can't find such a list, but I have this dim memory of once seeing one.  It'd be very useful because I've got a couple guys complaining about not being able to reach owned objects, and I'd like to find the root of the problem.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: List of a dwarf's owned objects?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »

I only checked in the old DF but I couldn't find it. I think you might be remembering the "View Rooms/Buildings" option from the menu. It says which dwarves own witch rooms and you can zoom to the items in the room.
Spergs 4 life.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »

It's not available yet, but it's hopefully a feature for the future. I think there's been suggestions for it a few times, but if not head over to the suggestions forum and drop a thread there.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:54:03 pm »

I think I have seen this before, actually. Can't remember where either.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:09:00 pm »

Units->View or cursor on dwarf, View, z both show the same page which has how many owned objects, and building-related holdings for example (modest quarters, 1 chest, 1 cabinet).  If the economy is active, the value of the total holdings is also shown.  Doesn't look like there is a way to get a detailed list of non-furniture items yet.

Jumpp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42:44 am »

Can anyone think of a clever way to figure out which item is causing this endless spam of "so-and-so cancels store owned item: item inaccessible" messages?  I tried polling the job list at a high frequency, hoping to spot that job after it was added but before it was noisily auto-canceled, but it happens too fast.

Any ideas?

I should mention: It's an old fort.  There are heaps and heaps of goblin trash.  Sifting through it all, looking for the owned item, is impractical.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:14:49 am »

The best way I can think of is to quarter the fort.

First, forbid one Z-level at a time until the spam goes away. Start on the level that has the most trash as that's the likeliest place for the item.
Once you determine the level that it is on, then selectively reclaim it a quarter at a time.  That can be quickly done, and will narrow it down very easily.
When you have isolated it to one quarter, then quarter the quarter. Keep doing this, and you'll quickly locate the tile that the item is on.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Jumpp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:53:04 am »

Okay, that's very helpful.  I was imagining that the problem was that the item in question was forbidden.  But if, as you say, the problem is that it's un-forbidden but simply unreachable, then I know exactly where to look for it.

... and sure enough, it's right in the first place I look.  Thanks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 05:17:50 pm »

Glad to help.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.