Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old Cheater Reactions  (Read 2652 times)

melpomenee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Old Cheater Reactions
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »

I used to use these reactions to ensure I didn't lose dwarves to a mood for which I could not supply items.  Can anyone help me update them for DF2010?

[REACTION:MAGICMATS]
[NAME:make craft materials]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:GRIFFON:FANCIFUL]
[PRODUCT:100:10:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:LEATHER:GRIFFON]
[PRODUCT:100:10:SHELL:NO_SUBTYPE:TURTLE:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:10:CLOTH:NONE:SILK:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG]

[REACTION:FREE_WOOD]
[NAME:stone to wood]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:3:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:WOOD:OAK]
[SKILL:SMELT]

I've always found it useful to be able to dispense with extraneous stone by turning it into wood; if possible, I'd like it to turn into a type of wood that is red or green. 

Incidentally, what happened to the elements of the finder that allowed me to search for things like magma pipes?  Any way to get that back?

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
Re: Old Cheater Reactions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:39:13 pm »

I used to use these reactions to ensure I didn't lose dwarves to a mood for which I could not supply items.  Can anyone help me update them for DF2010?

I've always found it useful to be able to dispense with extraneous stone by turning it into wood; if possible, I'd like it to turn into a type of wood that is red or green. 

Incidentally, what happened to the elements of the finder that allowed me to search for things like magma pipes?  Any way to get that back?

Good lord man!  RTFF!  There's a great resource for modding in one of the topics, including a bunch of custom reactions.  (Shaostoul's modding guide)

There's no need to look for magma anymore.  Dig down.  You'll find it.  Trust us.  It'll be Fun!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:47:05 pm by Ratbert_CP »
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

melpomenee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:47:58 pm »

Good lord man!  RTFF!  There's a great resource for modding in one of the topics, including a bunch of custom reactions.  (Shastoul's modding guide?)

There's no need to look for magma anymore.  Dig down.  You'll find it.  Trust us.  It'll be Fun!

With all due respect, Shaostoul's guide is making my head spin.  What do I have to do and who do I have to bribe to get some help with this?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:23:53 pm »

Good lord man!  RTFF!  There's a great resource for modding in one of the topics, including a bunch of custom reactions.  (Shastoul's modding guide?)

With all due respect, Shaostoul's guide is making my head spin.  What do I have to do and who do I have to bribe to get some help with this?
you need the reactions to have a [PERMITTED_REACTION] entry for each one you want your dwarves to use (goes in entity_default.txt)
if it still doesn't work, check the first page of Shaostoul's Guide. I'm pretty sure theres the reactions you need in there, or close enough you can edit them to fit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 12:07:05 am »

Yeah that's guide is there on purpose. It's properly documented and has the whole reactions' section. Just read it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 12:33:49 am »

Well first off, thanks for the promotion guys! ;)

Next, this is what it boils down to...

entity_default.txt
This is where you'll add your [PERMITTED_REACTION:yourreactionnamehere]

reaction_whicheveroneyouwant.txt
This is where you're going to add the reaction and make it work how you want.

building_custom.txt
This is where you're going to put a custom building if you make one.

Seriously, it's a lot more complicated now. Read my guide, the 2nd post (the old guide as I refer to it) will have a step by step guide on making a custom reaction and building. The other posts will show you all kinds of reactions you could have. The wood, stone and plant reactions posts I have there will make it so you have access to ALL of them. The products and creature related reactions are in the middle-ish and are nearly complete...

The biggest drawback, through all my testing and trial and error, I have yet to make shells work, whether it's making a real turtle or just making the shell... it hasn't happened yet.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ThiefofTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:43:05 am »

The biggest drawback, through all my testing and trial and error, I have yet to make shells work, whether it's making a real turtle or just making the shell... it hasn't happened yet.
I just added a shell to dogs, and slaughtered a puppy. The artifact was then made with puppy shell!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 04:33:52 am »

@ThiefofTime, that's the only way I know of, but that's not the way I wish to do it, but it seems, for now, until I at least have a better understanding of  it all, a puppy shell is the best everyone can do at the moment.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 04:37:44 am »

I just added a shell to dogs, and slaughtered a puppy. The artifact was then made with puppy shell!
this is the way I do it, But I also added the SHELL tag to goblins and trolls.
Since i'm in year 15 of my fort and I've yet to see a turtle.
"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back."

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 09:57:33 am »

@ThiefofTime, that's the only way I know of, but that's not the way I wish to do it, but it seems, for now, until I at least have a better understanding of  it all, a puppy shell is the best everyone can do at the moment.

Rather than adding a Shell body part to animals, you can modify materials to act as shell (specifically, horn and hoof are the materials people like to have act as shells; I prefer chitin as well).

It's actually much simpler than adding a shell to a creature too.  Just find the material (I forget which file it's in, not at home atm), and add [SHELL] to it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 12:45:53 pm »

Or add cave turtles as domestic animals. I will do it with the new release of my mod soon. It works nicely.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

melpomenee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 04:03:27 pm »

Thanks for nothing.  :P

For those who don't have the cussed stubbornness to slog through the modding guide and fight with DF to make these things work, here are the aforementioned cheater reactions sans the bone and the shell, which don't seem to be possible right now.

[REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS]
[NAME:make adamantine wafers]
[PRODUCT:100:15:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

[REACTION:ADAMANTINE_THREAD]
[NAME:create adamantine thread]
[PRODUCT:100:10:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]

[REACTION:MAGICMATS]
[NAME:make craft materials]
[PRODUCT:100:10:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:GRIFFON:LEATHER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]
[PRODUCT:100:10:CLOTH:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT:SILK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]
[PRODUCT:100:10:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG:THREAD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]

[REACTION:FREE_WOOD]
[NAME:stone to wood]
[REAGENT:A:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:NETHER_CAP:WOOD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]