Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deconstructing Trade Depot during Trade  (Read 2969 times)

mrb4b00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deconstructing Trade Depot during Trade
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:04:35 am »

I "accidentally" deconstructed my trade depot while the elf merchants were packing up.  It turned out that whatever they didn't pack(most of them) were left on the ground and became my possession.  Is this intended, a bug, or should I be expecting a siege?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Deconstructing Trade Depot during Trade
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:28:16 am »

this happens, yes; also if you forbid or dump stuff from the (t) menu at the depot you also get to keep them

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:34:56 am »

It's an old bug and basically the same as if you seize the goods from the trade screen. The merchants don't react to stealing directly, but see when they leave with less (in value) than what they came with. If you do it too often, sieges are to be expected, but stealing from a caravan or two usually won't make them angry enough. The exact numbers are not known and are probably somewhat random too.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

mrb4b00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 05:07:44 am »

Ahh I see, I guess I should've just waited until they leave.  I have like 30 buckets I don't know what to do with now.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 05:09:17 am »

They get unhappy? Really? In my first fort I stole everything via depot deconstruction and nobody got mad in 20ish years. I mean, they didn't get happier, either, but everyone stayed neutral.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:50 am »

Ahh I see, I guess I should've just waited until they leave.  I have like 30 buckets I don't know what to do with now.

Make a huge pond and fill it with Carp/Crocs/Amphibian Hostile. Then lock your nobles inside, ensure there is an island in the middle with food on it and the water is 4/7 deep. Then laugh as they die while swimming for fudz.

Retro if you have Invasions switched off theres no downside to theft. ^^ If you have it switched on you must be the luckiest Dwarf Civ in Armoks Eyes.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:02 am »

Well, I haven't touched that fort in about a year, but yeah, I had invasions on. I assumed the deconstruction bug extended to leaving the traders feeling just as ambivalent as if you just hadn't traded with them at all anyhow.

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:10:50 am »

I stole from every caravan that came in for like 6 years straight and I never got any sieges or breeches of peace with anyone.
"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back."

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »

i make sure to deconstruct my depot before the elves arrive, since I really don't like having my stocks screen clogged with 95686453 worthless wooden and rope reed items.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 05:54:07 pm »

My whole clothing industry is fueled by elves enchanted by the Platinum bridges.  ;)

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:02 pm »

A simpler and less labour-intensive way of doing this, is by forbidding the items of which the depot is made. It has the same effect, but without the hassle of destroying and rebuilding it time and time again.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 11:13:27 pm »

Elves love buckets. Trade them to the elves.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:50 pm »

They get unhappy? Really? In my first fort I stole everything via depot deconstruction and nobody got mad in 20ish years. I mean, they didn't get happier, either, but everyone stayed neutral.
This, I have never once been ambushed for stealing.