Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lazy Broker?  (Read 1010 times)

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lazy Broker?
« on: May 16, 2010, 11:55:47 am »

Is it just me, or do brokers do everything possible to avoid trading? I had my broker go gather plants, when she should have been trading. I could never get her to gather plants otherwise, until there was trading to do.

NotQuiteJesus

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Herod.
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Broker?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 01:19:59 pm »

Introverted dwarf?
Oh, peachy.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 01:47:59 pm »

Common problem, applies to negotations as well. Some noble jobs just are so low in priority list that you have to actually do some work to get those done.

Remove all other jobs (including hauling, as it's also above in priority list) and then the trader should attend caravan.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Zebra2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 03:25:02 pm »

when she should have been trading. I could never get her to gather plants otherwise, until there was trading to do.

Makes sense. When I have to do homework or something like that I find myself cleaning my room and other stuff that I would never do otherwise.

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:00 pm »

when she should have been trading. I could never get her to gather plants otherwise, until there was trading to do.

Makes sense. When I have to do homework or something like that I find myself cleaning my room and other stuff that I would never do otherwise.
AHA! I knew my broker had access to the forums...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:59:40 am »

Hi!

With me, it is always the expedition leader: Once a year, when the liaison shows up, my fortress begins to sparkle and shine as my expedition leader suddenly discovers her fondness of the "Clean" job.

Also note that I often keep my expedition leader idle most of the time, but she prefers to be idle rather than to clean. But once the liaison shows up you can't keep her away from the broom.

Deathworks