Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Dwarf: The Hammering (Unoriginal)  (Read 15067 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf: The Hammering (Unoriginal)
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2010, 10:55:42 pm »

We have already gone over the legality. I accept that this is perfectly legal. I accept that there are many card games that do this. This is not relevant. The relevant thing is that it is not fun. Magic: The Gathering has first turn wins that are legal? Okay, I can accept that. The question is, is it fun? Can you seriously tell me that you enjoy a card game where you will be defeated on the very first turn without even doing anything? Can you honestly say that you can enjoy playing a card game that you do not actually play?

Sure, it's legal. Sure, other card games do it. Sure, I can do it too. But the fact remains that having Last Stand work like that makes it a stupidly powerful card, letting you get elite swordsdwarves without a chance of the swordsdwarves getting killed or paying the fee, and it makes the game not fun, which is just about the only thing that matters.

But I realize that I will likely not sway your opinion. And, in fact, it's legal - there is nothing stopping you from playing this except your sense of morality. So, go ahead and play it.

I concede the game. You are, by the standards you accept, the superior player. I surrender.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2010, 11:00:02 pm »

But the fact remains that having Last Stand work like that makes it a stupidly powerful card, letting you get elite swordsdwarves without a chance of the swordsdwarves getting killed or paying the fee...
Ummm HUH!!!?!?!?!

Explain this part fully. Cause right now it seems that you are thinking something thats not true here...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 14, 2010, 11:13:42 pm »

Okay, so I play a swordsdwarf somehow, correct?
Normally, you could kill it, and be home free.
With Last Stand, even if you kill it, I can just rez it and upgrade to an Elite Swordsdwarf. I don't have to pay for the swordsdwarf, or pay for the elite swordsdwarf, or anything.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2010, 11:18:46 pm »

Okay, so I play a swordsdwarf somehow, correct?
Normally, you could kill it, and be home free.
With Last Stand, even if you kill it, I can just rez it and upgrade to an Elite Swordsdwarf. I don't have to pay for the swordsdwarf, or pay for the elite swordsdwarf, or anything.
Actually you are still paying for the Elite Swordsdwarf. Your sacing the Sword Dwarf. Plus you have already paid for the Sword Dwarf to begin with...

Even if the card was in your Grave cause you couldn't pay for it and was forced to discard it, this is still not a game breaking move. You would still need to pay for it, and if the opponent has a scout they can stop it from happening...

Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2010, 11:37:06 pm »

You're not paying for the elite swordsdwarf, you get the normal swordsdwarf for free. All you pay is four food, which is easy to get. Sure, it's not as bad as an instant win, but it's strong enough that I might as well forfeit.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2010, 11:43:48 pm »

You're not paying for the elite swordsdwarf, you get the normal swordsdwarf for free. All you pay is four food, which is easy to get. Sure, it's not as bad as an instant win, but it's strong enough that I might as well forfeit.
I think I see where you are coming from...

Early game, you are forced to discard the Sword Dwarf. Later you play Last Stand bringing the Sword Dwarf to the field, you use the Train ability to LvL him to Elite Status...

But none the less, its not at all that strong as a Scout can easily stop it from happening, by countering the Last Stand to begin with...

None the less, if you wish to stop so be it...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2010, 11:45:37 pm »

I do.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]