Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: RantingRodent's Tileset for ASCII Loyalists [Updated to 2.0]  (Read 7746 times)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RantingRodent's Tileset for ASCII Loyalists
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 12:09:09 am »

Updated the mod. Check the first post or DFFD for the new legend.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 12:39:19 am »

no.  not any more than any natural stone or constructed object, anyway.  obsidian mechanisms will melt.

Hadn't actually checked yet, thanks. I'm hesitant to add too many special cases right now - the idea is to reduce the number of categories you need to recognize.

That being said, there should be an icon for [SHARP] ores. Obsidian is actually of rather low value, so it was just using the default layer tile. No longer.

Yeah, as counterintuitive as it may be, obsidian is absolutely not magma-safe.  It really doesn't matter that it surrounds natural magma, if magma gets on the same tile as it, it'll melt just like any other non-bauxite rock.  It's also a really bizarre case in that it can appear surrounding magma or as a full layer.  Not to mention its unique properties.  It's sharp and we can manufacture it ourselves.  That sharp icon should make it's uniqueness stand out, though.

Considering it's volcanic glass, it's a wonder we can't send it to the glass furnace...

I'm mostly liking what I see.  Keep it up.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RantingRodent's Tileset for ASCII Loyalists [Updated to 2.0]
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 08:08:31 pm »

-snip-
-edit- wrong thread!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 06:44:37 pm »

I just discovered this in your sig., and since it is in your sig, I'm not worried about the necro.
My question: Is there any update of this to work with the new version? If not, how would I go about adapting it.

Also: why why why didn't I find this sooner?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 03:36:30 pm »

Hey, sorry I haven't been posting or updating. I'm in the middle of starting a business, so my free time has vanished in a puff of smoke. I do intend to update this for the new version, yes. When that will happen is a good question, but it should be able to happen soon, since I have an automated tool ready that can handle most of what I need, I just need to verify that none of the characters I replaced are in use in the new version.

If someone can help with figuring that out, I would greatly appreciate it.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »

no.  not any more than any natural stone or constructed object, anyway.  obsidian mechanisms will melt.

Hadn't actually checked yet, thanks. I'm hesitant to add too many special cases right now - the idea is to reduce the number of categories you need to recognize.

That being said, there should be an icon for [SHARP] ores. Obsidian is actually of rather low value, so it was just using the default layer tile. No longer.

FYI, it's not low-value; it's the most valuable non-ore/gem stone, and more valuable than many ores, too.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 [2]