Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 2010 profession tokens  (Read 639 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
DF 2010 profession tokens
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:24:08 pm »

I'm a little confused about them.  I looked them up in raw/graphics/example.txt, looking for the plant processing labor in particular, which I believe is thresher.  I put THRESHER down in a custom building's labor tag and the labor tag for several custom reactions.  This is what my errorlog spat out:

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region7/raw/objects/building_custom_LL_bee.txt"
Unrecognized Labor Token: THRESHER
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region7/raw/objects/entity_LL_bee.txt"
Unrecognized Sphere Token: FLOWERY
Unrecognized Sphere Token: PROTECT
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region7/raw/objects/reaction_LL_bee.txt"
Unrecognized Skill Token: THRESHER

So apparently those tokens don't work with everything modding-related.  Anyone know what would work?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 profession tokens
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:13 pm »

You should check Shaostoul's guide:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55259.0. He has a list of them buried in there somewhere.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 04:42:37 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55259.msg1189822#msg1189822

And there's no THRESHER skill, it's a profession.

P.S. I wonder why doesn't it work for buildings, it is in the string dump as it is.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 04:58:45 pm »

So no one has put this on the wiki yet?  That's generally the first place I go.  If that doesn't work, then I search the forum.  Then I post a thread.

I imagine that there would be fewer people posting the same questions about modding over and over again if more of this stuff was actually on the wiki in an easily navigable format.

Edit:  PROCESSPLANTS seems to work fine for the reactions but not for the custom workshop, according to the errorlog.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:06:17 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:36:45 pm »

They are on the wiki.

Labor and Unit Type Tokens

Skill Tokens

If the errorlog says "unrecognized skill token," use the second list. If it asks for a labor or unit type token, use the first.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 12:38:46 am »

My guide might be easier to find as well if it were stickied, when someone has an issue and posts it on my guide, I try to help them as soon as possible.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!