Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: who else has done somthing so stupid? [i am sorry for the posts in other places]  (Read 949 times)

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile

I was on the top of a tower i saw an elven priest near the edge so i HAD to push him off [using charge]and the godamn bastard dodged then charged me off of the edge i proceded to vomit then bleed out oh armok the dissapointment this was my best adventure mode adventurer and i had to do something so stupid that it costs me his life.also im surprised that elf didn't fall off the tower when he dodged.Also to lighten up the situation i decided to have REVENGE! and stole lawfully bought some waterskins,filled them up with water,froze the water and proceeded to throw to ice at elves while yelling cheesey lines like "You've just been iced biatch!" So has anybody else stupidly died while killing a damn swine? an innocent elf?Oh god the stupidity and humiliation of me.
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Khan FurSainty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a trap! All part of his plan! He was expecting you do to it! F*cking calculating elfs... That's why he didn't fall off the tower.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I dug down deep and made the surrounding area a fps death trap in adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile

Karma charger?

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rastus the Animal (A female human) been running around killing things for a while, had racked up approx 100 kills and was about as capable a fighter as any adventurer I've ever produced (I'm more a fortress person, really). I'd massacred my town of origin, mostly at night, but had successfully killed off about 20 or so remaining citizens in open combat, sustaining only a single scratch to the left hand. Arrows and Axe blows had bounced off me without the slightest worry and I slaughtered all who approached. I decided to sneak into a new human town one evening and kill every fighter in their sleep, leaving only sweet soft unarmoured/unskilled civilians who would mob me come daytime, with the idea that since they were all soft and weaponless, they'd be fine.
Step 1 went down quite smoothly, anyone whos bronze armour deflected my scimitar's blows was simply strangled and soon the town was without defenders. I stopped sneaking around and let the sun rise. Two children came out of their homes and were both killed with a single swing to the lower body, splitting them in half. Still, things were going smoothly for this inhuman merchant of death, in fact, things were going slowly, if anything.
During my purging of the town's warriors, I had not noticed a priestess, who carried an Axe. Chances are, I'd have not worried about her regardless, as she wore only robes. After dispatching the two children, I saw her coming out of her home. I carelessly wandered over to her and moved to attack. She charged and ran past me. I didn't think too much of it and came back at her.
All of a sudden, my page was filled with notices about deflected blows. I was lying on the ground and she was wailing on me. My legendary fighter/wrestler managed to hurl herself at the superhuman priest once in the entire fight with the blow being deflected.

So, I guess my stupid action was to try and pick a fight with an entire town and not work on the basis that there may be someone in there who's better skilled than my barely legendary adventurer. Probably should have beat up more children first or something.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:18:09 pm by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, I had such mistake once. I was killing a wesman town as a nord and a whole bunch of legendary witchhunters (crossbow skill) came down on me from the nearest temple and turned me into a pincussion. At first I didn't understand what happened but then I realized that all local priests had mini-crossbows under their robes... Doh.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile

I went down into the caverns and eventually went to far... TOO FAR!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

I Met a Humie with his name that Translates to "Frozen Flame" , despite the name , he had no dabbing fighting skills at all! , so i thought "Hey , why not Punch Him?" well , the next thing i knew......

You Have Been Struck Down

moral of the story? names count