Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Adventure Mode 2010  (Read 2120 times)

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Let's Play Adventure Mode 2010
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:13:31 am »

Hello again to my favorite B12 subforum! 

In a time honored tradition of ... well, what I did last time, I'd like to invite you to check out my new series of Adventure Mode videos promised a great many moons ago.  The 2010 has come and my promise is being fulfilled with a new video every day!

Here is a link to the first video:

Adventure Mode 2010 - 01 (Eye of the Tiger)

And the ever expanding playlist:

Let's Play Adventure Mode 2010

You can sign up for a meatshield/follower at the sign up sheet HERE (Topic on our LP forums)

If you are interested in my first Adventure Mode LP series covered in a previous topic, which I would rather not be bumped, you can find that series (80+ videos, multiple adventurers) in this playlist:  Let's Play Adventure Mode

Love you guys and thank you again for all the support and camaraderie we had in the previous Adventure Mode series, I hope you guys enjoy this one as well!

-jef
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:21:12 pm by valcon »
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

boswell25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Adventure Mode 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:13:16 am »

Hello again. Keep 'em coming, if you would be so kind.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 07:28:38 am »

heh, i just tried adventure mode just now.

my dwarven city was walled in, so no jobs from there.

i travelled to what i thought was a cave, fought an epic hydra battle on top of a small hill with a flat diorite top. lightening flashed as fangs and claws met cold silver(?) short sword.

killed the hydra. hooray, new combat reports are epic. kept the corpse and the severed heads, drank some of its blood, and found only little alcoves rather then a cave.

local human towns seem to have had buildings destroyed, shops are empty and everywhere i go i hear crundles getting stuck in webs. next town i try sleeping in, and after 5 minuites of waiting it seems the game is still trying to figure things out. i need to trade in my silver short sword for an iron one at least...

its nice to see a detailed account of someone elses experiences. im hoping to reach the bottom of the world unasisted and triumph over whatever i find down there.

sithlord501

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 09:21:02 am »

Love your videos, watching you got me into adventure mode. I'm also getting in to mount and blade.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:03:30 am »

Cool, I was looking for an outlet to say things about your new videos. Like about the dwarf that joined you which you didn't notice until the next video.

If you are interested in my first Adventure Mode LP series covered in a previous topic, which I would rather not be bumped, you can find that series (80+ videos, multiple adventurers) in this playlist:  Let's Play Adventure Mode
I think it's possible to lock topics you created, so you can make sure no one goes and bumps it just because you mentioned the possibility.

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:00 pm »

Holy crap, it's one F Jef.  :D

Spiffing avatar you've got there.
[pizza=omnomnom]

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 09:34:48 pm »

Oh hell yeah.  I'm an ascii pimp.  I pimp sl@p a h0.  Or something.

@LASD Yeah, I noticed that I didn't notice that after everyone else noticed it.  I find that I pay less attention to what is going on than I perhaps should =D  I did get him all named and ready to rock eventually, hah.  Also, I locked the previous thread, thanks for the tip!

@Sithlord501:  Awesome!  Glad you're enjoying and yeah, I love me some indie games D

@Chesire Cat:  Wow, I failed utterly to kill a hydra my first few off-cam adventures.  I even got so obsessed with killing it that I eventually made a fortress on it's cave with military dwarves.  It killed them all.  I tried to reclaim, killed them all.  I no longer hug hydras. 

Also, I get less crundles than the god damn deer bird things. 

And Boswell:  I gladly and surely will!  I put up a new Adventure Mode 2010 every morning at about 9am pacific time.  Cheers!

Thanks for all the kind words guys hugs and loves!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:37:12 pm by valcon »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 10:34:48 pm »

Sweet. Well, if you have any future plans/opportunities to hire some meatshields, sign me up.

I did find some of the human towns a little odd. Are they attempting to mimic dwarves by building their houses into the ground?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:54:06 pm by Itnetlolor »

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 02:52:22 pm »

You're awesome. Your last adventure mode was great (especially with the burial scene), and I hope this one is suitably epic as well.

I hope you can honour me suitably by creating a cannon-fodder version of myself. Crossed out because I'm a moron who didn't read your channel info.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:36:44 pm by Plank of Wood »
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 05:57:43 pm »

You're awesome. Your last adventure mode was great (especially with the burial scene), and I hope this one is suitably epic as well.

I hope you can honour me suitably by creating a cannon-fodder version of myself. Crossed out because I'm a moron who didn't read your channel info.

Op, my bad, I forgot to mention the location of the sign up sheet!  Sorry!  I'll edit the OP!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 04:12:11 pm »

Just wanted to post that I've been enjoying your Dwarf Fortress LP's. Keep'm coming!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 05:06:07 pm »

Your LPs are so amazing that this thread deserves a bump. I've had much fun watching the new Adventure Mode series on my sick leave.

Also, I just got through enjoying every single minute of the IL-2 Sturmovik LP and it deserves it's own paragraph as it's now my favorite LP of all time. The whole thing was oddly gripping and I watched all of it in just two days. All the swoops 10 metres over ground or sea made me wince in real life and the planes on your tail frankly made me a bit terrified.

Great job, Jef/valcon, keep it up!