Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rotting!  (Read 964 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
rotting!
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:25:20 pm »

My adventurer is in a stage of advanced rot, all over her body. Could this be caused by infection spreading from her ear, or any of the breath weapons these devils have hit me with, or just the effect that eating strange meats have on elves? Is this going away on it's own, or does this effectively shut her down?

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: rotting!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:28:01 pm »

Is your adventurer developing a craving for braaaains?  :P

Foehamster

• Bay Watcher
  • Zig Frostrushes The Speachless Eater of Saints
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:33:27 pm »

Its probably from the infection. Walk it off.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 04:43:48 pm »

the breath weapons,trying use fire to burn out the infection.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 04:51:17 pm »

Is your adventurer developing a craving for braaaains?  :P
Huh. She's been eating hydra and dragon brains. But so did my human adventurer, who also walked around for about 7 years with an infected finger and he never rotted.

It doesn't seem to affect her stats, the complete numbness works quite well for eliminating pain, the fever is only mildly annoying, but the blindness really makes it a pain in the ass to play. And considering my companions are a human and a dwarf, if I do get the craving it couldn't be called cannibalism. The druid mother back home could approve of that.

the breath weapons,trying use fire to burn out the infection.
That wasn't fire they were breathing, it was some weird kinda funky sht. But maybe standing in a dragonblast will cure me. It's worth a shot.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 08:10:53 pm »

The cure for your pain is more pain?.....Huh....makes sense to me...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 08:18:54 pm »

Why not? I'm already completely numb and burning up with fever, so I might as well do what an undead with any decency would do and walk into a funeral pyre.

gislegron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 11:04:04 pm »

Do tell me if you manage to burn it away, i have done some slight experiments with matters of this sort myself, but i always failed.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 11:06:00 pm »

i do beleive this may help somewhat if your fat is infected, though i suggest fast (T)raveling as long as possible will help. if it's only rotted and not infected, then you might outlive, uhh this i guess. Though your eyes are gone at this point. Also, take a bath. the vapors may still be sitting on you foot or something, rotting you 'tll you do actually die. check your (i)nventory for Demon Extract coverings.