Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tongue subbody part.  (Read 2757 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Tongue subbody part.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 09:52:15 pm »

Good idea!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 02:10:15 pm »

Also damaged tongues will make the dwarf not  get the "ate a fine meal recently" thought as they cant taste.

Same with drinks.

Maybe even nobles with damaged tongue cant make mandates untill it heals (torn out tongues will make the noble quit)

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 02:29:35 pm »

Also damaged tongues will make the dwarf not  get the "ate a fine meal recently" thought as they cant taste.

Same with drinks.

Maybe even nobles with damaged tongue cant make mandates untill it heals (torn out tongues will make the noble quit)

I don't know, if you lost your tongue, getting plastered might be one of the few things that gets your mind off your misery, at least for a little while.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 02:49:25 pm »

I'm sorry, but taste isn't done with your tongue.

Or more accurately, there are only 5 flavors that your taste buds detect, namely the 5 most important things a protohuman needs to survive:

Salt (highly important, to the point at which the word "salary" comes from paying a man in salt)
Sweet (sugar, raw calories)
Bitter (most poisonous substances)
Sour (acid content, most spoiled foods go sour)
Savoriness (glutamic acid, gives food its body--"thick" versus "thin"--for a high-protein diet)

Everything else* is done with your nose.

*There are other nerves in your mouth that apply, such as spicy hotness, but that chemical (capsaicin) will trigger nerves on any part of the body, though in much higher concentrations for most places.  Pure capsicum will cause blisters if touched.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 04:48:43 pm »

I'm sorry, but taste isn't done with your tongue.

Or more accurately, there are only 5 flavors that your taste buds detect, namely the 5 most important things a protohuman needs to survive:

Salt (highly important, to the point at which the word "salary" comes from paying a man in salt)
Sweet (sugar, raw calories)
Bitter (most poisonous substances)
Sour (acid content, most spoiled foods go sour)
Savoriness (glutamic acid, gives food its body--"thick" versus "thin"--for a high-protein diet)

Everything else* is done with your nose.

*There are other nerves in your mouth that apply, such as spicy hotness, but that chemical (capsaicin) will trigger nerves on any part of the body, though in much higher concentrations for most places.  Pure capsicum will cause blisters if touched.
but most is done with your tongue!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 04:54:10 pm »

but most is done with your tongue!

No, not really.  The olfactory system has far more variety of detection.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 06:31:39 pm »

by bose bas been born off anb I canb taste!!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 09:28:46 pm »

by bose bas been born off anb I canb taste!!

You've replaced the wrong letters.  T and D are perfectly possible to say without a nose.  Its M and N that you can't pronounce.
Pages: 1 [2]