Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?  (Read 13508 times)

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2010, 04:34:09 pm »

That test really doesn't know me, likes following oreders (yeh right)  :-\
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2010, 04:40:10 pm »

That test really doesn't know me, likes following oreders (yeh right)  :-\
Hmmm... Post in every thread you can find! That's an order!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »

I did an advanced global:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whooooo, I'm super dependent!

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2010, 01:03:32 am »

I got lawful good on the DnD one, I was expecting chaotic neutral, so this is kinda nice.

Spoiler: And for the Jung dudes (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I tried to make the thingy all nicely layed out, but the forum is being a huge jerk
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:06:51 am by buckets »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2010, 08:38:39 am »

Took the D&D quiz and scored Chaotic Neutral, but I dislike it, so many question I didn't like any of the answers. To take an example the one about a famine, your choices are share your food or steal food, what about those who don't want to share but wouldn't start stealing either?

And the Global one:

Summary:

Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Orderliness results were very low which suggests you are overly flexible, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense too often of reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Extraversion results were very low which suggests you are extremely reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and secretive.

The summary seems about right except for the fun seeking part. I find the fact that I have high hedonism very amusing since reading the description I'm pretty much the opposite. I'm also amazed Narcissism is above 10% although peter pan complex seems to describe me perfectly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:52:16 am by Jreengus »
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2010, 10:37:38 am »

I think your conclusions say something deeper about everything, reveal something much more meaningful than just the invalidity of these bullshit tests.  It strikes a chord with me and my perspective.  Complex systems, like ourselves? Any sort of simple rules or general system cannot fully encompass our depth and breadth.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2010, 12:49:23 pm »

I think your conclusions say something deeper about everything, reveal something much more meaningful than just the invalidity of these bullshit tests.  It strikes a chord with me and my perspective.  Complex systems, like ourselves? Any sort of simple rules or general system cannot fully encompass our depth and breadth.

I think it's like saying your character has "Dexterity". Does that mean manual dexterity with your fingers? Agility with your whole body? Running speed? Balance? Aim? But you can't have a stat for each one, that bogs down the game. Same deal, if you impose one of 9 alignment categories on a real person or a sufficiently interesting fictional character, it doesn't work.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2010, 04:43:15 pm »

Considering DnD is a game; pretty much all the stats are deliberately simplified and abstracted so as to make tracking them easier.

Also your avatar is awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]