Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need a stone spitting smelter.  (Read 892 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I need a stone spitting smelter.
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:26:08 am »

I need specific stones for a megaproject, and I wish to cheat using the smelter reactions...
I need it to give me Cinnabar, Microcline, and Jet.

Any help creating the reactions would be greatly appreciated.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: I need a stone spitting smelter.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:32:43 am »

[REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_1]
[NAME:Free Mineral Cinnabar]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:CINNABAR]

[REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_2]
[NAME:Free Mineral Jet]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:JET]

[REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_3]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:MICROCLINE]

Feel free to change the amount after PRODUCT:100:

Also don't forget to add the Entity listings...

[PERMITTED_REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_1]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_3]
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 05:04:35 am »

[REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_3]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:MICROCLINE]

Perhaps that should be [NAME:Free Mineral Microcline]

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:56:22 am »

MICROCLINE!!!
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:44:42 am »

Yes. Microcline is awesome.
I actually need a couple more, but with some examples I can do the rest myself.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:23:39 pm »

whoops, oh well, if you're modding y'all should be able to figure that out ;)
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 08:35:27 pm »

I've actually been short on microcline since .31. Plenty of gems, metal ore, coal, and gypsum, but none of my favorite cyan plaguestone. I used to make aboveground microcline fortresses, now I need a reaction to make enough. I usually make it eat limonite, though. That stuff's incinerating my coke reserves these days.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 08:38:37 pm »

I haven't really been playing too much, is there a real difference between coke and charcoal and I think there was a third one...?

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 09:30:12 am »

You need coke to forge steel, I believe. Charcoal won't cut it. In other regards, they're the same, although I think the elves get offended by charcoal.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 09:58:16 am »

You need coke to forge steel, I believe. Charcoal won't cut it. In other regards, they're the same, although I think the elves get offended by charcoal.

Incorrect, Charcoal can be used for making steel.

I haven't really been playing too much, is there a real difference between coke and charcoal and I think there was a third one...?

No.  In game, if coal, refined coal, or fuel are referred to, either coke or charcoal will satisfy the requirement.  There is no third fuel, but Coke can be made from Bituminous Coal or Lignite (a poorer quality coal).  Coke is coal that has had impurities "cooked" out of it; as such, the reaction to produce Coke from Bituminous Coal produces more cokes than the reaction involving Lignite.  B.Coal reaction makes 3 cokes (a net gain of 2 fuel at a non-magma smelter), while Lignite only makes 2 cokes (a net gain of 1 fuel at a non-magma smelter).

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 03:02:18 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up Ilmoran.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 03:17:42 pm »

The mechanics were cleared up, but the main difference between coke and charcoal is that while charcoal is as scarce as ever (competing with the four B's for your wood supply), coke now --er-- "grows on trees." It's hard to find a spot where you can hollow out two layers without hitting a coal vein nowadays. At some point, it starts to be economical to make three of the B's out of iron (or steel, if you're extravagant like me) and save all your wood for beds.