Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iPod Touch, 2G or 3G?  (Read 469 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
iPod Touch, 2G or 3G?
« on: May 07, 2010, 04:10:43 pm »

My father is in the US this week and I figured I'd have him get me an iPod while he's at it. They sell for half the price in the US compare to what they sell for here in 'the land of milk and honey.' So here's the dilemma, which of the two generations should I get? The 2G has a 16gig version, which is what I'm looking for, and the 3G has only 32 or 8gigs. The 32 is a bit too expensive, and eight gigs are too little. I also plan on Jailbreaking the device (Not for any illegal/pirate purposes of course, only to enjoy the wonders of 3rd party apps and whatever), and I hear the 3G has a sort of 'tethered' OS thing to it, so if it shuts off, I can't reboot it without my computer.

So my question is, what does the 32gig 3rd generation iPod have that the 2nd 16gig one doesn't, and are those features worth an extra hundred dollars?

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: iPod Touch, 2G or 3G?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 04:34:05 pm »

Wikipedia has all the answers: Updated to include the upgraded RAM, CPU and GPU internals from the iPhone 3GS; includes Voice Control support, VoiceOver, included OS version 3.x, and bundled remote earphones with microphone.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: iPod Touch, 2G or 3G?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 02:05:25 pm »

Just noticed the old 2Gs were discontinued last year. Oops.

I guess I'll have to go with the 3G now. Where'd the lock thread options go? Silly me :P