Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: More newb question :)  (Read 899 times)

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More newb question :)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 07:19:30 pm »

Getting my dwarves to actually kill enemies or even move to a location in a reasonable fashion are pretty difficult...it's easier dealing with forgotten beasts than it is goblins at the moment because the order system seems pretty messed up and my dwarves decide to reenact the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest by marching out in a line that ensures only one reaches the group of goblins at the time.

However, the system is pretty nice as far as equipping goes...that's one thing I definitely like about it, and once there's some more fixes in the military system it'll be a definite step up from 40d.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 08:36:42 pm »

I've had very little trouble with kill orders. I've had more trouble with the Equipment funniness. I've had the most trouble with telling which dwarves have military skills (like dodging, archery, and armor) that don't show up in the new military screen. As for the tips to go to 40d, I'd agree in part. Go to 40d to learn the basics, then switch back up.

Leesin, the arsenal dwarf makes sure orders for equipment changes go through. It's like the manager (which is in 40d) which lets you create mass orders for the workshops, only the Arsenal dwarf puts through the military equip orders. Things work automatically 'till a certain size with both, then if they don't have a deskthrone-office to work at, the orders stop going through.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 08:58:35 pm »

Doesn't capnduck have a new videos up that deal with 0.31?
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!
Pages: 1 [2]