Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bone armor stand.  (Read 789 times)

NTheGreat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bone armor stand.
« on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:18 am »

My current mayor has a thing for groundhog bones. It's mildly irritating having to go out every so often to find some groundhogs and fulfill his needs, but I'm sure there's worse things he could like.

Recently, however, he's asked for a groundhog bone armor stand in his bedroom. I've searched around the workshops I have and the manager screen, but I can't find an option to make a armor stand out of bone. Am I just missing it, or is my mayor mandating impossible objects? If he is, I'll report it as a bug, but I just want to be sure I'm not just overlooking some obvious solution (beyond drowning him in magma).

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Bone armor stand.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »

Outside of moods (which are entirely random) it is impossible to make a bone armor stand.   This is definitely a bug, but I am pretty sure it is already reported that nobles ask for impossible to make items, definitely check mantis before reporting it as a new bug.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:29:19 pm »

MUST HAVE METAL LOGS!
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:36:00 pm »

Since when have mandates and demands ever been reasonable or sane?   

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:38:01 pm »

IF it werent for the un-replaceable nobles bug I would suggest that its time for an unfortunate accident, but with the bug you may not be able to replace the guy so I dunno.  You may just have to deal with him getting pissy over the failed mandate and hope the punisments are not too severe.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:44:08 pm »

A demand for an Item in a Room is not a mandate, but a demand.  Failed mandates result in punishments, but failed demands only make the noble upset.  You can ignore this impossible-to-meet request without worrying about any of your dwarves getting punished as a result.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:14:28 pm »

So, is it wise to take out the baron/ess if they start demanding things you cannot trade for or haven't found yet?

Knowing the baron cannot be replaced... in the past when I lost one due to a siege, every liaison after that was stymied and left, so I could no longer request items from the dwarfs.
igless

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:16:11 pm »

You can always just ignore the mandates. So long as your captain of the guard is unarmed he will not be able to kill or cripple any dwarves.