Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cat got your... finger??  (Read 1365 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Cat got your... finger??
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:18:07 pm »

I caged a goblin thief. OK, cool.

THEN I hauled the cage back to base, set it up, and stripped the prisoner. How in the heck did a CAT GET HIS FINGER, and why is it hauling it around?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Psychoceramics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cat got your... finger??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 08:21:59 pm »

best cat ever

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:33:32 pm »

to be fair, it may have been a different goblin with the same name. It rotted away soon after, so I can't check.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »

Hi!

It makes perfect sense:

You probably stored the cage next to some tasty deer roast.
The goblin, being starved as they always are, reached out for the roast to swipe it.
Your cat, whose main job is defending your food stockpiles from any vermin trying to steal it sees it and intervenes.

See, no mystery involved :) :) :) :)

Deathworks

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:50:07 pm »

War Kittens.  Certainly hard to train, but when you do GOBLINS WILL KNOW FEAR.  They sever body parts just to have toys to play with and EXTERMINATE ALL YOUR VERMIN in their free time. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:05:17 am »

Hi!

War Kittens.  Certainly hard to train, but when you do GOBLINS WILL KNOW FEAR.  They sever body parts just to have toys to play with and EXTERMINATE ALL YOUR VERMIN in their free time.

Why do I have the feeling someone will find a way to give nobles the [VERMIN] (does that exist?) tag? (^_^;;

Deathworks

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 03:26:46 am »

:o

Fullmoon cancels Useful Work: Modding kittens to make ULTIMATE WAR CREATURES OF BLOODY DOOM
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 06:45:38 am »

Why do I have the feeling someone will find a way to give nobles the [VERMIN] (does that exist?) tag? (^_^;;
[VERMIN_HATEABLE] more like.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 06:58:23 am »

*points at the tag below his name*
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 09:02:35 am »

Why not both?
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 10:57:01 am »

Cats have [GRASP] on their mouths. When they attack enemies, they wrestle them, and their bite is a gore move that can sever enemy parts.

Perhaps the cat fought the goblin shortly before it was captured, and the cat ripped off his finger and is carrying it as a war trophy?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:48 pm »

The cat read the changelog and wanted to learn from Scamps' example. So he ran up to a goblin and tore his mother****ing finger off instead of just clawing the arm.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Mordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:02:25 pm »

I've noticed the thieves have been wandering around outside my fort, annoying animals like cats and killing them.

Heck i just had a Forgotten Beast, a giant, clean the whole area of cats before coming in to get conveniently caged at my entrance.
This Forgotten Beast was delicious!

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 02:35:40 pm »

Hi!

Deathworks
Yes! Make a caste of dwarves marked as vermin, limit noble positions to those of that caste, and RELEASE THE CATS! Watching the nobles get torn apart by kittens will be glorious indeed.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 02:47:40 pm »

The day I'm not butchering cats because I need to butcher nobles is the day DF completely loses all sensibility to me.