Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tigermen Slave-trading  (Read 1741 times)

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tigermen Slave-trading
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:36 pm »

Heheh.

It really would be sort of fun if you could 'recruit' non-dwarf sentients to do menial work like hauling and mining.

Mining is menial? It is one of the highest callings to which a dwarf can aspire! (At least in my forts, my miners are all treated like GODS, well daemons, anyway.)

(daemon = lesser god (greek), demon = foul evil beast (based on the first def. of 'daemon'))
Try 'demigod'.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 12:55:55 pm »

unmodded all they do is eat your food and drink your water, then sit around in your meeting zone.

They will attack enemies though, too bad they have the same useless natural attacks as every other creature and no armor so they get slaughtered.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing they do, take up your coffins when they die.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 02:24:25 pm »

Hmm. Maybe when you buy them, you can dump them in a specially designed fighting pit near the front of your fort. Throw in a rabbit or something every now and then, train up their skills, and then release them when the goblin/elves invade. If nothing else, maybe they'll make them waste their arrows.
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 03:47:24 pm »

Try 'demigod'.

daemon http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=daemon
# S: (n) devil, fiend, demon, daemon, daimon  (an evil supernatural being)
# S: (n) daemon, demigod (a person who is part mortal and part god)

You're both right, now back on topic.

czolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 06:20:34 pm »

Heheh.

It really would be sort of fun if you could 'recruit' non-dwarf sentients to do menial work like hauling and mining.

Mining is menial? It is one of the highest callings to which a dwarf can aspire! (At least in my forts, my miners are all treated like GODS, well daemons, anyway.)

(daemon = lesser god (greek), demon = foul evil beast (based on the first def. of 'daemon'))
This.  And after their tenure of carving the fort is complete, they then form the backbone of my military.
Sic sum in ignis; sic sum quiritatio
Pages: 1 [2]