Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread  (Read 16214 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2010, 06:44:45 pm »

I'm afraid not.  Ubstep just expands outward in every direction that dosn't have a stance part  someplace in that direction.  That means, arms, heads wings, flippers, dorsal fins, and robotic jetpacks also get protected.  And there isn't much that can be done about it other than remaking the humanoid body from scratch.

As for fingers not being protected by gauntlets its the same problem I encountered with my helmet idea I scrapped.  But playing in dwarf mode I did discover that things with [LAYER:COVER] protect such parts.  The particular time I noticed it was a cloak protecting a goblin's ear from a dog bite.  However all actual armor has [LAYER:ARMOR].  I don't know how the game would behave if you replaced that with [LAYER:COVER] on things like gauntlets.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:48:40 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2010, 10:02:24 pm »

I wonder if we could modify gloves to [LAYER:COVER] and use that with threaded materials (aka we modify copper to be thread capable like Cyan is). Hopefully that would work like chain coverings for your fingers.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]