Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most HFS in fort? (SPOILERS)  (Read 927 times)

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most HFS in fort? (SPOILERS)
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:19:15 am »

So I've been generating new worlds recently because I'm very bad about looking for the 'perfect' spot (one of these days, I'm going to have someone gen a world for me, tell me where to settle, and damnit, I will do it.  Until then, OCD searching for spots!).  Yesterday, while looking at various interesting-ish spots, I found something I've never seen before (I use Reveal to check out a site before I decide if I want to play there).  I might go back to that spot, even though it doesn't have a brook (I think I can get it with an aquifer, so that might do).  Anyway, the interesting thing on this map:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Has anyone else seen that much of the stuff?  Usually, I'm used to the veins only being about 10 Z levels tall, maybe 20 if I'm lucky.

Whitestar60

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Most HFS in fort? (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:57:29 am »

Adamantine veins can be any height, possibly even reaching up to the first cavern level, but dig into them at your own risk. You can hit the FUN section of the adamantine vein at any place.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:16 am »

Adamantine veins can be any height, possibly even reaching up to the first cavern level, but dig into them at your own risk. You can hit the FUN section of the adamantine vein at any place.
So, you can hit the carnival even when the vein is at the surface and you dig out only one layer?
Feels 2D in here, man.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:02 am »

So, you can hit the carnival even when the vein is at the surface and you dig out only one layer?
Feels 2D in here, man.

Yes.

Do you feel lucky?   8)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:18:01 am »

Feels 2D in here, man.

Yes.

Do you feel lucky?   8)

I am not scared of the clowns.
...Nah, I'm just feeling lucky today. But Armok be damned if Toady ever reimplements that RNG idea. It was evil.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:31 am »

Relax. He learned his lesson. This game is as much SCIENCE for him as it is for us.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!