Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wassup, crutches?  (Read 491 times)

Areku

• Bay Watcher
  • Merry Christmas to all ye landlubbers!
    • View Profile
Wassup, crutches?
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:36:49 pm »

So, how do crutches work exactly? I understand that they can be used to replace lost legs, but some particulars escape me. For instance, would you need a number of crutches equal to the number of lost legs, or could a dwarf with no legs ride a single one like a pogo stick? If not, then how would a legless dwarf attack, since both his arms would be occupied? Would he go on biting people? Or would he beat them to death with the crutches? Also, if a legless dwarf with two crutches doesn't touch the ground while walking, could steel ones be used to transverse puddles of magma/boiling water? Would it be feasible, then, to make a knee-deep magma moat around the entrance to your fortress and rip of the legs of all your dwarves to make them able to cross it safely?

Just wonderin'.
"And apparently your daughter likes to eat live cats"
                              - Legacy of Fíma succession game, fort two, said by Big Cheese, weaponsmith, about Duh102's daughter. (Not that you know any of these dwarves)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Wassup, crutches?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:40:14 pm »

I have no answers for you, but I like the way you think!  8)
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wassup, crutches?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:21:07 pm »

Considering things can walk around just fine with legs mangled or missing, I think they don't, really.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.