Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF2010 leatherworking  (Read 575 times)

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF2010 leatherworking
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:53 pm »

Short and sweet, what's the best item to pump out with leatherworkers for trade value?
I remember hearing that multiple bags could be made from one piece of leather, but I assume the same goes for leather crafts. Are shoes best, or are crafts, helmets, etc?

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 leatherworking
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:09:36 pm »

Hmmm... maybe it would be worth considering using the "decorate with leather" option to up the value of your existing items?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 leatherworking
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:18:56 pm »

It looks to me like your best bet will be making leather robes. IIRC, they take 1 leather to make, and are worth 33x the matvalue of the leather.

Decorations/sewn images might be better; the wiki's 2010 article on item value doesn't have data for the itemvalue of decorations, but even if they have an itemvalue of 34+, you'll still need a base item to sew them to; that'd be robes again...

Unless the itemvalue of decorations is much more than 33, in which case you'd want high boots (since you get 2 boots per leather, thus you could get 2 images per 3 leather) or, if you have a highly-skilled leatherworker, crafts (since you have a seeminly-good chance of getting 3 crafts per leather).

I suspect that decorations still have an itemvalue of 10, though, given that dimple-dyed threads caravans bring are still worth 20 more than undyed thread of the same type. In which case, robes are the way to go.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!