Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wyrms mod, help needed  (Read 991 times)

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wyrms mod, help needed
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:40:56 am »

Hey guys. The new creature tags confuse the hell outta me. Modding used to be so simple, but now we have to add so much stuff (Couldn't he give it the bodygloss treatment? Shortcuts? hello?!). My favorite self-made creature, the wyrms, couldn't make the jump to DF2010 that easily.

Here are the raws used in 40d16
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I need help making them DF2010 compatible.
Anyone up for the challenge?
Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Wyrms mod, help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:14 am »

Sure, I will see what I can get together.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:53:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That should just about do it. There might be a few small details I forgot, come back to me if there are. Just in case your wondering, yes, I did basically steel that body from dragons and mod it a little.

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:51 am »

Thank you. This looks all good beside the Body Size. It supposed to be slightly smaller than an horse. I'll handle it myself, I guess.

Edit: ooh color mods. What needs to be done for golden and green variants?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:00:39 am by Booken the Blue »
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:09:03 am »

It IS smaller then a horse. They max out at 100kg, and I know people bigger then that.
As for colors...

[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AZURE:1:BLUE:5:DARK_BLUE:2:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:SKY_BLUE:3:GOLD:1:GREEN:5]

Put that were the old one was.

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 02:14:48 am »

Ooh, nifty.  Are these like smaller, more common, less (supposedly) Fun versions of dragons?  If so, I think I might steal these and add them to my fauna (dwarven cave pigs) that I've added so far to my repertoire.  Though, you might want to make them [PET_EXOTIC] since they seem fancy enough to be worth it.  Also, do they have firebreath?  As a tame wyrm (or war wyrm since you have them trainable) getting in a fight in your food/drink stockpile sounds like wonderful !!Fun!! if they have firebreath.
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 06:15:40 am »

I see. Thanks Max. I'll update my official wyrm thread and give you credit for the work.

Yea Alkyon, they are small dragons, a more common predator rather than a huge megabeast. They have a normal firebreath, and it can lead to !!fun!! in dry lands.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:17:26 am by Booken the Blue »