Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vermin work-around  (Read 3335 times)

king of xanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Vermin work-around
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 03:37:15 am »

i am having a similar problem with vermin. i have an atom smasher, no refuse pile. i designate all remains to be dumped and no dwarves touch them, ever. ive had a couple dozen desiganted for a whole year now. they are scattered throughout my fortress in various places. in the last fortress, designating a refuse pile would not have worked.

so my question is this, will removing  corspes dropping, as stated above, allow me to continue to play my current fortress?  otherwise i will be forced to design some sort of corpse toilet/incinerator out of pumps magma and water. and i am afraid the slowdown, by the time i implement a device to dispose of them my fortress might be beyond saving (cpu wise)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 08:56:17 am »

Thread necro...

If you don't hate the idea of modding (a game that is incomplete and not yet even particularly balanced!? Gasp!) somebody put together a smelter reaction that turns vermin remains into ash and runs automatically. You've got to go into the civilization file and say that dwarves can do it after you add the reaction though.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

gesangbaer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 12:49:25 am »

Adding my two cents. I told the dwarves to stop saving other but I left the refuse pile in tact and didn't k'flag the vermin. They've begun dumping them properly.

Ubern00b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 01:02:26 am »

My solution is an incerator, basically a room that floods full of magma then drains away.
Hard part is finding a volcano
Quote from: Canuhearme(Facepunch Studios)
Isn't Dwarf Fortress just a game of delayed free-fall into a hideously painful and frighteningly horrific death?

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 01:30:06 am »

well, with .04 out, we no longer have to worry about this.

I personally used the vermin=coke reaction
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

ReverseWill

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs cigarettes to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 10:37:12 am »

As usual, an unlimited supply of incredibly dangerous molten rock is the answer to our biggest all of our problems.

I'm sure that's what you meant, right?
Just because that tamed alligator killed someone earlier doesn't mean it wouldn't make a great pet now.
Pages: 1 [2]