Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: v31.03 Dorf won't drop the axe  (Read 698 times)

WurmD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
v31.03 Dorf won't drop the axe
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:42:47 pm »

My original carpenter dwarf, and also original wood cutter, won't drop her axe..

I've turned off the "woodcutting" labor, nothing.
I've gone to the axe in her hand and set it to "dump", she holds on.
I've set it to "forbid", she won't let go.

The other wanna-be woodcutter is waiting :\

Bug? noobness?

Rapidfirewombat

• Bay Watcher
  • Size: 8
    • View Profile
Re: v31.03 Dorf won't drop the axe
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:25:46 pm »

Assuming we're talking about the new version, it's a bug.  I've had this happen too.  Also had it happen where an immigrant with a high woodcutting skill, woodcutting enabled in labor preferences, and plenty of spare axes lying around will utterly refuse to pick one up and make with the chopping.

Axes are pretty easy to manufacture, so why don't you just make another one for your wannabe woodcutter?  The material used for the axe doesn't matter as long as he's just going to be cutting down trees with it.

WurmD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:43:04 am »

yup v31.03
so the bug is reported?
no need for me to bug the devs XD

WurmD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 06:26:17 am »

Axes are pretty easy to manufacture, so why don't you just make another one for your wannabe woodcutter?  The material used for the axe doesn't matter as long as he's just going to be cutting down trees with it.

I just made a wooden training axe. The would-be woodcutter won't go pick it up, he prefers to idle around.. Another bug? :)

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:18:48 am »

I just made a wooden training axe. The would-be woodcutter won't go pick it up, he prefers to idle around.. Another bug? :)

If you use Therapist to assign labours note that Mining and Woodcutting are a bit buggy and should be enabled in-game only. Otherwise, try saving and reloading and making sure the axes aren't forbidden or whatnot.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

WurmD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 11:52:49 am »

If you use Therapist to assign labours note that Mining and Woodcutting are a bit buggy and should be enabled in-game only. Otherwise, try saving and reloading and making sure the axes aren't forbidden or whatnot.
meh :( it's another bug then.
New dwarves arrived, and some have the woodcutting job enabled, and neither will pick up axes and start cutting.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 05:02:32 pm »

Do you have an arsenal dwarf? Does he have an office to work in?

It is likely related to an arsenal dwarf, as axes and picks are considered to be weapons as well as tools.

WurmD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 08:02:23 pm »

Do you have an arsenal dwarf? Does he have an office to work in?

It is likely related to an arsenal dwarf, as axes and picks are considered to be weapons as well as tools.
hmm no, not 20+ dwarves yet