Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A new meaning to "Forgotten" Beasts?  (Read 920 times)

Thelogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A new meaning to "Forgotten" Beasts?
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:36:29 pm »

So, a giant Thrush (small bird) spawned as a Forgotten Beast in one of my cavern.

But then I was distracted by a goblin siege, so I have no clue where it is. It isn't on my unit list, dead or alive.

Is it still around, just in the cavern bits I haven't seen or been to yet? If I open up that cavern level, is he going to path right to my Fort, as beasts are oft to do?

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A new meaning to "Forgotten" Beasts?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:45:12 pm »

It's still around. It's just wandered into an unexplored area of the cave. You should see it again fairly soon. If you give it a way in, it will almost certainly path in fairly rapidly.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »

It's definitely not gone. I made the mistake of thinking a Beast was gone because it wasn't on the unit list anymore. I lost several good dwarfs when it reappeared from a dark corner of the cavern.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:26 am »

Somebody here had a great idea.  Pit a kitten down there and just let it roam.  Be sure to seal the floor up again right after.

I know cavern denizens like troglodytes, giant toads, etc will leave the map, but will Forgotten Beasts and Titans?  I've sealed off all entrances to the cavern from off-map, but there's a little pocket that's had 3 or 4 Forgotten beasts wander in.