Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why wont my dwarfs store futuriture!  (Read 794 times)

The fish cleaner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why wont my dwarfs store futuriture!
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:32:47 am »

Ive built a workshop stockpiel to put furturiture on that dwarfs are done making and i made sure its designated FURNURTURE and i have allot of bins but when i make doors and flood gates and other types of futurite they just get strown all over the stockpile with no bins in them!Is this a bug in the new version or can someone tell me how to stop it!
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry!

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Re: Why wont my dwarfs store futuriture!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:37:52 am »

Can't bin furniture.

(Think about it, a DOOR in a bin, sure scale is wonky in DF, where 999 Dragons can be in a single space as long as 998 of them are laying down, but it makes some sense.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why wont my dwarfs store futuriture!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:53:56 am »

Furniture never fit inside bins, even in 40d.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.