Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expanded layer view in embark screen  (Read 553 times)

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Expanded layer view in embark screen
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:16:29 am »

Pretty simple suggestion here; with the new abundance of layers, you can no longer see all the stone layers you have in a given embark. It would be nice to actually see all the layers you'll have available to you, especially in regions with numerous soil layers.

It could also be expanded to show how many Z-levels thick a layer is (oh yes! a site with limestone! oh wait. 2 z-levels of limestone.) this would also be handy to avoid surprise double-aquifers. If local regions ever develop (or already have?) pre-set minerals abundances, those could possibly be shown as well. Similiar to the previous feature of viewing underground features on the embark screen, these could be controlled by world-gen parameters for those players who don't want to sift through too much information, or want to 'delve blind', only receiving certain types of information for certain depths.

To preserve the integrity of the biome view, it would probably be important to move the details into another tab menu.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded layer view in embark screen
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:18:46 am »

Sure, I'll support this i guess.

As long as its an init option. This isn't something I want to use, and shouldn't have to even glance at it while going through the tabs.