Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easiest way to create and find ideal sites? (40d)  (Read 351 times)

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Easiest way to create and find ideal sites? (40d)
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:10:39 am »

I'd rather not spend so much time creating world after world and then using the site finder until I find a site with all the resources I want.  There has to be an easier way, or is there?  I've tried playing around with the advanced world gen parameters but those don't seem specific enough to get what I want, which is basically a site with flux, a soil layer, no aquifer, an underground water source, and magma.

wrajjt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest way to create and find ideal sites? (40d)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:12:06 am »

Eh, generate medium sized worlds. Up the volcano count to about 120, and use the finder to search for flux, magma pipe, underground water. If nothing is find, generate a new world. A medium-sized world should take less than a minute to generate from start to finish.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest way to create and find ideal sites? (40d)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:47 pm »

Cheat.  Mod out aquifiers.  Delete every stone layer except Limestone(best sedimentary layer), Gabbro, Granite, Marble, Obsidian, and Felsite.   Those are the best stone layers, and allow every single metal and allow to still exist in the game.  So even if you don't get it on ur map, u can import it.  My personal choice is Limestone-Granite-Granite.  It's way easier to find a site, and I don't consider it cheating, since that's the site I'd find even without the others modded out, it'd just take 10000 times longer.  I've already modded my game and its a blast.
I like sushi.