Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nerve Injuries  (Read 388 times)

Murgen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nerve Injuries
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:28:24 pm »

Does a damaged head count as a nerve injury?
The Gremlin punches The Dog in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Monom Edtulsolon, Dog (Tame) has been struck down.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
Re: Nerve Injuries
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 12:07:05 am »

Are you playing 40d, or 31? If it's 40d, then a head wound isn't a nervous injury by itself. If it's 31, it could entail a nervous injury. Get someone to diagnose him so you can look at his wounds. it should tell you if any nerves have been severed.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:42:30 am »

Guess while we're at it:  how accurate is the nerve system?  Do nerves regenerate?  Can a dwarf surgeon repair nerves?  Or is a severed nerve non-regenerative?  In the human body, some nerves can regenerate, some can't; no idea about dwarven anatomy though :P

In other words, if my dwarf's motor nerve to his hands are severed, and he can no longer grasp, what is he good for any more?  Reckon he could still suit up and be a dwarven shield, if nothing else. 

Oh and could we sever all of a dwarf's sensory nerves and get him to walk through fire/handle burning lignite?  Or shave his beard?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:44:01 am by Shiv »
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Murgen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 01:01:35 am »

I'm playing 31... I checked the health screen, and it appears that he has head injuries to fat, skin, and muscle, but he was injured in the second year of the fort, and this injury has not healed three years since then...
The Gremlin punches The Dog in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Monom Edtulsolon, Dog (Tame) has been struck down.