Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [i know this sounds really weird]the ability to pinch testicles?  (Read 2516 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [i know this sounds really weird]the ability to pinch testicles?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 08:04:50 pm »

Believe it or not, but some sicko already made a mod for this, and even more strangely, it wasn't me...

HAHA! Really? I need a link to that.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55797.0
It will require you to install yourself, but this is very easy with a little know how.

I wonder how injury to nuts work ingame?

Vomiting? Extreme pain?

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 10:04:59 pm »

humans are locked in an evolutionary transition? Our slow walking/running speed is also a good indicator of this fact.
[derail]Slow? Slow!?!? Humans are the fastest biped and have one of the (I hesitate to say the but I believe that is the case) best distance endurance runs of anything on the planet. Just because we're all fortress potatoes, don't go calling my leg physiology unevolved! We are one of the greatest, most evolved running species known to science, able to chase down prey on an open prairie by running it to exhaustion, hence our extremely successful survival rate.

Then, of course, we went and grew large brains, started using those instead, and started thinking a half hour jog was a lot of work.[/derail]

That said, internal testicles would be a pretty big evolutionary improvement, and would require some impressive feats of bloodflow and cooling... unless you're an elf in which case you can keep them inside because they hardly get any use.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:54 pm »

All this discussion seems kind of silly, when nobody even has gonads in vanilla DF.

That said, it is a tribute to the versatility of Toady's code that this can be modded in as a small, but sensitive body part, with only basic modding. Once that's done, grabbing, squeezing, ripping, slashing and crushing all come as a package deal.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 12:41:03 am »

Is the mod compatible with deons genesis mod?
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 12:43:09 am »

It might require a little work to butcher (pun FULLY intended) it to work for all the casts, but there is no reason why you can't make it happen with a little effort.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 03:33:10 am »

Didn't Toady already deny the possibility of genitalia in vanilla DF? I think he wants to keep it at least marginally family-friendly.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 03:36:30 am »

Didn't Toady already deny the possibility of genitalia in vanilla DF? I think he wants to keep it at least marginally family-friendly.

Why yes he did.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 03:37:22 am »

humans are locked in an evolutionary transition? Our slow walking/running speed is also a good indicator of this fact.
[derail]Slow? Slow!?!? Humans are the fastest biped and have one of the (I hesitate to say the but I believe that is the case) best distance endurance runs of anything on the planet. Just because we're all fortress potatoes, don't go calling my leg physiology unevolved! We are one of the greatest, most evolved running species known to science, able to chase down prey on an open prairie by running it to exhaustion, hence our extremely successful survival rate.

Ostriches are pretty fast. Unless you consider the fact that they have vestigial wings "non-bipedal".
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 03:52:27 am »

[derail]
Humans aren't build for speed, there endurance creatures. A human can not out run a horse, but he can chase after a horse for three days before the horse dies of exhaustion, then drag the horse back home to feed the rest of the family.

As well as this, they have evolved to eat a wide verity of things. They can survive meat, grasses, legumes, fruits, sea food and even some of the crap that companys pump out these days, something not many animals can do.

And then of coarse they have the most advanced form of both language and tool use for any race that earth has yet to produce.

All in all I would say humans are a fun little race, and although many members of there race see themselves as the source of all evil, I say they don't know evil.
[/derail]

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 07:02:07 am »

Elves are 20% faster than humans.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 07:22:53 am »

That's because they don't have to carry there manhood around with them.
Pages: 1 [2]