Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trying to find what all the DF 2010 local/region embark map symbols mean  (Read 1422 times)

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey all, sorry, I tried to seach for a legend of all the symbols in DF 2010 local and region embark screens but I did not see much info. I'm talking about the symbols that look like mini dresser drawers, mini tiki looking idols, small gold goblets, the ore sysmbols like you see in the main game, gold palm trees or bushes ect. Some of these things have names but dont really tell me what it is. Oh, and i am using Mayday's tileset.

For example, I zoom in over what  looks like a blue color dresser and on the local it looks like a box of 3x3 dressers. If I put my embark location over it, it says "Uspungkutsmob". i'm assuming thats a town? If there is a link to a legend you can post here that would be helpful thanks!

** PS waiting anxiously for the next release! (prays for this weekend) :)

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty sure the 40d legend is still accurate:
Wiki Article to the rescue!

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thxs. That helps some but a lot of the symbols don't match it.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile

That's because you're using the Mayday tileset, and the wiki displays the tiles associated with the universal (curses) tileset. If you can't guess what a tile represents on the embark screen, try turning [GRAPHICS:OFF], and back ON once you've found a site to your liking.
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.