Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyway to set up the feeding/ caring of prisoners and patients higher?  (Read 662 times)

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've already lost two dwarves to thirst because all my medical personnel (and non-medical with just that function) decides that they have "no job" when I have people dying of thirst!!

Anybody found someway to go around this problem?

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe a silly question but do you have a source of fresh water? and unforbidden buckets that aren't being used to fill a pond?

IIRC a well is a guaranteed fresh water source even if it is over salt water, but that might have changed now.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a well pulling from a cistern, and no one would water the injured.  Then I built a screw pump that pulled from a salt water aquifier and output to a jet block 3x3 tank and it was fresh water and the injured got to drink.

It could just be a bug, but it could also be that some basic sanitation requirements have been implemented. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a well built in my hospital and nothing...

My prisoners are farther away from the well, but there are free buckets, so I don't understand...

Then again, I might have found the problem... every piece of equipment left on the hospital is considered hospital equipment... and my dwarfs all but ignore the hospital's equipment and use only equipment from outside the hospital!!

creidieki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bug tracker mentioned that patients who aren't in beds don't seem to get water.  If they're not currently in a bed, build a bed underneath them.  (If they still don't realize that they're in a bed after a while, deconstruct the new bed from underneath them.  They should get moved into a different hospital bed.)

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, they where in bed alright... for about 3 years!

Anyways, the problem seems to be the buckets... my dwarves "use them up" when they use them for the hospital, because after giving water to the patients they just drop the bucket in the hospital and they ignore it forever...

Dangron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Deconstruct the bed underneath them so they get moved to another one. That should fix it, worked for me.