Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Nervous querey  (Read 425 times)

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
A Nervous querey
« on: April 29, 2010, 01:01:00 am »

What nerves are the ones require to eat? I don't want the uhhh.... it. to be able to move, think, or talk, just eat. and breath. What sort of toxin would I need? I need it for SCIENCE!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:02:51 am by JoshBrickstien »
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Nervous querey
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 02:03:18 am »

in terms of raw tokens, I can't help you, but god you've piqued my interest.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 07:20:53 am »

As far as I am aware, a creature either [HAS_NERVES], or does not. You might try giving... it... a custom body type with no legs, for example, and not giving it [INTELLIGENT] or [CAN_SPEAK]. Not sure if one of these things might categorise "it" as an animal, which probably could eat, but effectively wouldn't need to.
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 08:06:22 am »

An animal only needs nerves if it has them: if you give "it" no nerves, the game will assume that "it" doesn't need them.  (see the fluffy wambler)

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.