Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Elves CURSE YOU!  (Read 1380 times)

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
Re: Elves CURSE YOU!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 03:01:31 am »

Aside from atom smashing, I plan on "gifting" a metric dorftonne of this crapolla to the next dwarven merchant unfortunate enough to grace my fortress. Sure, they might take a couple of years to leave, but they will. Either by conventional means or otherwise.

I really need to break my depot-dismantling habit.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 06:07:34 am »

You don't have to dismantle it if you apply magma. It incinerates flesh leaving only the useful bones, and burns away all those wooden objects we don't need, leaving only the high value metal weapons that traders bring so often.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 12:27:11 pm »

Buy the next dwarven caravan that comes along. The whole caravan.

But then the poor merchants will have to walk home!

They can walk home on the crutches you sell them.
Or they could construct a giant contraption that moves out of the crutches and become the DF version of an AT-AT!
All fear the Dwarven Merchants!

Goblins are attacking the caravan! FORM THE CRIPPLETRON!

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 12:34:22 pm »

I remember in one of my first Forts of the new version, I got pissed because none of my Dwarfs would trade with the elves, SO I deconstructed the depot.

This in time led to the Collapse of my Fort!

Taking stock, the one Elven Caravan had over 30 individual cages, 20 of which had bears, foxes, and other animals.  There were over 30 pages of wooden toys crafts and other junk,  I counted over 200 barrels full of various stuff, over 500 bins of ropereed cloth. There wasn't room for half the stuff, food began to rot and creata miasma clouds,  I worked my miners to exhaustion trying to make store rooms for everything, and used up all my wood making Bins for what turned out to be almost 2000 individual crafts
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 12:59:10 pm »

Forbid items. 
Build an atom smasher below the items. 
Channel the floor out under the items. 
ATOMSMASH!

No more items and no stupid hauling orders.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.
Pages: 1 [2]