Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Food dwarves won't work,please help!  (Read 351 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Food dwarves won't work,please help!
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:59:12 pm »

Just as the title states, my doctor went fey and is demanding shell.
A) my fishery workers won't process turtle or cave lobster.(appropriate buildings and labors are in place.)
B)my butchers won't slaughter animals,which I've added shells to.(appropriate buildings and labors are in place.)
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
Re: Food dwarves won't work,please help!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:28:01 pm »

Currently fishing is broken AFAIK, so most of time you won't be able to catch anything unfortunately...
And if you have things like turtle in stock, make sure you have their appropriate labor preference set. there's currently some problem with automatic labor pref setting (esp. on immigrants).
Same thing to check with butcher's labor settings.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:39:06 pm »

That's the thing, I've checked AND double checked and still they refuse my demands. I'll try a reload and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: on reload butchery started working, and i noticed that none of my turtles are raw. that was probably the issue. oh well...farewell Urist McHouse.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:46:00 pm by Exiledhero99 »
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

fudgejudge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:42:28 pm »

That's the thing, I've checked AND double checked and still they refuse my demands. I'll try a reload and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: on reload butchery started working, and i noticed that none of my turtles are raw. that was probably the issue. oh well...farewell Urist McHouse.

I'm pretty sure you have to actually cook the turtle in a kitchen and have it devoured for it to produce any shell, but correct me of I'm wrong.

Also, check if they're not forbidden (d, b, c [for reclaim items])