Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: REJECTED_CLASS and ALLOWED_CLASS  (Read 438 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
REJECTED_CLASS and ALLOWED_CLASS
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:42:40 am »

I found these tags in the string dump, and also found that default raws do not use them. After some looking around I stumbled on one of Toady's comments that seemed to refer to them.

Quote from: dwarf raws
   These classes are used by syndromes (such as poison) as well as some restricted entity positions.  You can name them whatever you want.

[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]

Aha! I though. Because that could be very useful for my attempt at modding a 3 caste civilisation. So after putting [CREATURE_CLASS:SLAVE] in the relevant creature caste, and putting [REJECTED_CLASS:SLAVE] in the relevant entity position I genned a test world, embarked, and found out that it didnt work at all. Booo.

And so I made this topic to see if this is something im doing wrong, whether these tags just dont work and if thats the case whether it has been reported or not.

Right now the only way I know to prevent silly 'stray dungeon master' is to make the slave caste unable to learn or speak. Which has obvious unwanted sideffects.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: REJECTED_CLASS and ALLOWED_CLASS
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 11:57:18 am »

As far as I'm aware, the player in fortress mode is not bound to these requirements when it comes to assigning entity positions. I'm not certain whether this is a bug, though. They should be respected in worldgen, however (at least allowed class works nicely in Direforged in that regard).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu