Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: some automation suggestions  (Read 568 times)

Silentstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
some automation suggestions
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »

as per the development page:

Core57, IMPROVED FORTRESS AUTOMATION AND WORKSHOP HANDLING: As with transportation, the goal itself is pretty open-ended, but certain basics goals need to be reached for v1. Ability to use specific materials more easily, job priorities, better automatic job creation via manager triggers etc., and whatever else is deemed essential.

is there now or are there plans for some kind of scripting for handling labors.  As in a simple set of conditionals and loops for setting what labors get done under what circumstances.  I'm thinking it would be handled by the manager dwarf noble position and it would look something like (this is not even going to be pseudo-code, just kind of a rough sample algorithm or two)

if there are more than X female and Y male individuals of animal type Z, butcher animal type Z and cook meat into x%easy y%fine z%lavish meals

if there is more than X coke fuel, smelt oreX a% of the time, oreY b% of the time, oreZ c% of the time, if coke drops below X make coke from bituminous coal M% of the time and all other smelter tasks 100-M% of the time

there could be scripts for making a specific set of armor clothing and weaponry and it gets implemented every time a new recruit is added to the army, and there could be different sets of these for different types of recruits (axemen, crossbowmen) and for different segments of the defense scheme (army, fortress guard) and there could maybe be sets for different ranks (so that higher skilled dwarves get outfitted with better stuff)

would something like this be possible/worth implementing, or is there something more functional than this already being worked on (or does  it already exist and i just haven't been able to find it) or are players just fine with the insane amount of micromanagement that goes on for workshops at this time and i'm crazy