Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recovering from Civ Wipeout  (Read 673 times)

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Recovering from Civ Wipeout
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:16:47 pm »

I apologize if this has been suggested before but I couldn't find it.

I'd love to take a world where dwarven civs have been wiped out, and start a fort to rebuild their glory. In such a scenario, nobles would be created by deed (Legendary Dwarves), culminating in a dwarf with a large history being crowned king/queen.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recovering from Civ Wipeout
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:08:05 pm »

So, basically a normal game then, except instead of a bunch of having a bunch of useless nobles show up who make demands and refuse to work, the game takes one of your best dwarves and turns *him* into a useless noble who makes demands and refuses to work?

You, sir, are a masochist.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »

I was thinking the merit nobles actually do stuff.

You know cause they haven't come from generations of dwarfs born with a sense of entitlement

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:20:06 am »

So, basically a normal game then, except instead of a bunch of having a bunch of useless nobles show up who make demands and refuse to work, the game takes one of your best dwarves and turns *him* into a useless noble who makes demands and refuses to work?

You, sir, are a masochist.

losing is fun, and nobles with unfullfield demands results in executions... can start tantrum spiral, makes the game harder and stuff to fullfill their desires and so on. so i dont see your problem here :p i would really like to have sites saved (and not just abdoned) so you can spread your civ more arround especially if all other sites are conquered :x
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:03:20 am »

Or have some chance of the civ making a comeback even after all of its sites are destroyed during world gen, so that there can be ruins and reclamation of those ruins by the world-genning civs.

I imagine this is one of those no brainer sort of things that's going to go in when that area gets its day.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 01:12:25 am »

Sort of a "let's go reclaim Moria" sort of thing? Sounds like a fun concept.

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 01:15:16 am »

I'd love to see, once you have, maybe, 150 population, dwarves leaving the civilization and starting their own. It'd be awesome to see ol' Urist come back with tons of stuff he knows we need.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 05:24:36 am »

It is kind of funny to see the differences between the goals of the player and that of the dwarves.

While it is in the best interest for the player never to have a dwarf become royalty

The Dwarves however genuinly wish to either have one or be one.

It is kind of funny that essentially the player acts as a dream smasher when something doesn't suit him.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 11:04:44 am »

Yeah, in the new version my fort civ had been wiped out more than once in the new version and it is really annoying if I don't plan on building a fort as last stand of dwarfkind. It'd be awesome if they were to return in worldgen or be recreated by the player.

It is kind of funny that essentially the player acts as a dream smasher when something doesn't suit him.
I-it's the drawbridge, it's poorly built! It's not my fault! I swear!
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.