Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bling sutures! why you little....  (Read 2069 times)

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bling sutures! why you little....
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:41:17 pm »

I've been steadily churning out golden splints and crutches by my grand master blacksmith. With the current abundance of minerals it's better to use wood for beds and it does make my dwarves that more dwarfy when they run around decked out in gold. Only problem is I haven't gotten any broken bones yet...  :-\

A solid gold crutch sounds like a VERY bad idea.

If I wanted an optimal fortress I wouldn't have build my entrance over a volcano. Every time it starts raining I have to activate a burrow alert and even then most of the buggers outside don't make it before their fat starts melting. Golden crutches studded with all the gems I can find is just my way of thanking the first wounded dwarf I'll have who didn't end up as a puddle of goo.
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bling sutures! why you little....
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 01:45:12 pm »

If I wanted an optimal fortress I wouldn't have build my entrance over a volcano. Every time it starts raining I have to activate a burrow alert and even then most of the buggers outside don't make it before their fat starts melting. Golden crutches studded with all the gems I can find is just my way of thanking the first wounded dwarf I'll have who didn't end up as a puddle of goo.
[/quote]

I meant in realistic terms.  Solid gold crutch wouldn't support a dwarf very well.

It's a fine idea for DF though  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]