Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: My experience with Anarchy  (Read 5344 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: My experience with Anarchy
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 07:34:26 pm »

If the question is directed to me, I noted earlier that I'm not by any stretch of the imagination an anarchist, I just don't like a debate based on a wrong definition.
Libertarian want a state free from the evulz government, the dynamiter wanted to get rid of the old system to build a new, better system, the christanian want to smoke pot and generally don't have standard ownership cause they find it a burden, some want to free the world from evil organ harvesting corporation that are funded by the illuminatys to accomplish the dark schemes of their aliens overlords. But none of them want bikers with shotgun. Except the hell's angels of course but I'm not sure they are anarchist.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:40:41 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

This is my rebuttal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIaeAtus5jU

I'll see your America and raise you A Hasslehoff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

Also for some reason I remembered this and it's funky beat (and satirical tone) although it sound like something that went through the travesty generator if you listen to the lyrics.
http://evolution-control.com//images/ecc/mp3/main/The%20ECC%20-%20Rocked%20By%20Rape.mp3
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:41:35 pm by piecewise »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2010, 07:41:28 pm »

Piecewise, we're speaking by Louis 14's standard. America is heaven of free thought, honesty, and good governance. Really. Of course depravity is present but all in one it's rather a good thing.

Edit: not sure about the depravity actually. I mean, the queen has gotten herself into trouble after the mobster found "certain book" in the palace. Not sure what was in the book trough. Nor if they were real in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:43:39 pm by Phmcw »

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 07:50:05 pm »

Piecewise, we're speaking by Louis 14's standard. America is heaven of free thought, honesty, and good governance. Really. Of course depravity is present but all in one it's rather a good thing.
Free thought yes, but honesty and good governance? I think taking a look at the bush years is pretty much proof against that.

Maybe the average man in America is good.  Maybe he is honest and helpful, but the government just isn't, or at least hasn't been for the last almost decade. Clinton was alright though...

I hope you can understand how Me and many others can be so cynical, we've gone through years of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, the so called death of the middle class and yet another war. We're not in a cheery place.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:56:28 pm by piecewise »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 08:06:08 pm »

Yes, yes, I know your political system seems broken, so is ours, but it's a lot better than absolute monarchy. And now you've got health-care ;) . My point is that the poeple that were advocating monarchy against democracy using the same argument then those who are now advocating democracy against anarchy were wrong. And that their definition of anarchy was wrong too.

I did not said anything on the relevance of anarchy as a political system.

Ps: yes the health-care part was a joke I know the reform really don't go far.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2010, 08:31:40 pm »

Yes, yes, I know your political system seems broken, so is ours, but it's a lot better than absolute monarchy. And now you've got health-care ;) . My point is that the poeple that were advocating monarchy against democracy using the same argument then those who are now advocating democracy against anarchy were wrong. And that their definition of anarchy was wrong too.

I did not said anything on the relevance of anarchy as a political system.

Ps: yes the health-care part was a joke I know the reform really don't go far.

I have no problem with anarchy as an idea but I don't think the idea of a pure political style anarchy as described in the thread can work, however I do think that a using certain ideas from anarchy in forms of government could. I don't really think that any "pure" for of government or economic model will ever work, you need to blend ideas and change the system to adapt. Pure Laissez Faire won't work but combining ideas of it with other forms might. And I do think america is one of the better places to live, I just also know that there's plenty of corruption here too. 

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 06:48:24 pm »

If the question is directed to me, I noted earlier that I'm not by any stretch of the imagination an anarchist, I just don't like a debate based on a wrong definition.
Libertarian want a state free from the evulz government, the dynamiter wanted to get rid of the old system to build a new, better system, the christanian want to smoke pot and generally don't have standard ownership cause they find it a burden, some want to free the world from evil organ harvesting corporation that are funded by the illuminatys to accomplish the dark schemes of their aliens overlords. But none of them want bikers with shotgun. Except the hell's angels of course but I'm not sure they are anarchist.

I think the argument isn't that they want bikers with shotguns, more that human nature would inevitably lead to them...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]